PHU VAN NGUYEN
Ordinary Committee Member – Medical Matters
Occupation: Medical Doctor
Profession: Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation
Office: Vietnam Anti-Doping and Sports Medicine Centre
– Director of Vietnam Anti-Doping and Sports Medicine Centre (recently)
– Deputy Director Hospital (since 2013), Chief of Sports Medicine-Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Division (since 2006) of Vietnam Sports Hospital
– Vietnam Institute of Sports Science (1996-2006)
– Vietnam Sports Medicine Center (1998-2006)
– Vietnam Sports Hospital (2006-2019)
Member Association: Vietnam Football Federation (VFF): Member of the VFF medical panel, since 2002
Position: Vice chairman of the Medical Panel of VFF (since 2007)
Member of ISF:
– Asian Football Confederation (AFC): Medical and Doping Control Officer (since 2007)
– Member of AFC Medical Committee (since 2010)
– Board Member of SEA RADO (2007-2014)
– AFC Elite Sports Medicine Training Course: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (K.L, Malaysia)
– MRI AFC Sports Medicine Training Course: 2010 (Tasken, Uzebekistan)
– IOC Sports Medicine (1996: KL Malaysia; 1998: Bangkok, Thailand; 2000: Vientiant, Laos; 2002: Hanoi, Vietnam; 2004: Manila, Philippine; 2007: Singapore).
– Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation/Physio Therapy (2007: Bonn, Germany)
– Hanoi Medical University: 1987-1993 (Diplomatic Degree)
– The Academy Institute of Medical Military of Vietnam: 2000-2003 (Master Degree); 2010-2014 (PhD student)
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation-Sports Medicine
– Pratice in Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy since 1998, take care about the patients who are sports injuries, overtraining and mental disordered in sports activities (professional athletes and amateurs)
Activities and contributions to the MA:
– Member of the VFF Medical Panel, since 2002
– Annual educate and train the sports medicine to the team doctors and team physicians to MA football clubs (since 2007)
– Give lecture to the courses of local training football coach on level A, B, C (since 2007).
– Making the plan of medical service for the VFF national football tournaments (V-league).
– Manage the Medical service for every International football tournaments in Vietnam (AFC Asian Cup 2007; 2008 (AFC Asian Cup-female); Olympic Qualifying Round 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; U14 Girl Football Festival 2010, 2011.
– Supports the anti-doping activities to the football in Vietnam
– Manage the age determination to the young football (U13) in nation.
– Consults to the MA about sports medicine and researches on elite football in nation.
– Take care about the health of all national teams (young football, Olympic team, national teams).
AFC assignment (Medical and Doping control Officer):
– Tournament: AFC Female Asian Cup 2008 in HCM city; U19 AFC Championship in Zibo-China, 2010; U16 AFC Championship in Laos; AFC Futsal Club Championship in Dubai-UAE, 2011; AFC Futsal Club championship in Chengdu-China 2014.
– AFC ACL Tournament: Hongkong-China 2008; Beijing-China 2009, 2013; South Korea 2012; China 2011-2025-2019; Japan 2016-2018.
– Festival: U14 Girl football Festival in HCM city 2009, 2010; U13 Boy Football Festival in Beijing 2011.
– Asian Cup 2019 in UAE
– FIFA Qualifying Round 2021 in Vietnam
Member of LOC in the International sports events:
– LOC Medical and Ant-Doping Committee of SEA Games 23 in Vietnam 2003.
– LOC Medical and Anti-Doping Committee of Indoor Games in Vietnam 2009.
– LOC Medical and Ant-Doping Committee of ISF tournament in Vietnam: Badminton (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014); Athletics (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012); Volleyball (2009, 2011, 2012).
– Chairman of the Vietnam Sports Medicine Sub Committee to the Vietnam Sports Delegation in ASIAD 2010, 2014, 2018; Olympic London 2012, Olympic Rio 2016, Olympic Tokyo 2020; SEA Games 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017,2019.
Awards of AFC Contributions:
– AFC Medical services Award-Bronze-2014
– AFC Medical services Award-Silver-2019